John Boehner was elected to Speaker of the House after the 2010 landslide Republican victory-a clear mandate for reining in a runaway government. Since then, government growth and lawlessness have prevailed. It is time to stop this insanity of doing the same thing and expecting different results in Washington, D.C.
Tuesday, January 6, the new Congress Members will make their first and most important vote, that for the Speaker of the House. It only takes 30 Republicans to vote against John Boehner in order to vote in a limited-government proponent and more fiscally responsible Speaker, a step in the right direction. There are viable alternatives who have stepped up!
ACTION ITEM: Call the re-elected Representatives Brad Wenstrup, Steve Chabot and Jim Jordan and tell them their constituents who sent them to D.C. do not want them to vote for John Boehner for Speaker, but want them to vote for a more fiscally responsible Speaker of the House. Ask them to join the other courageous Republicans (see below) who have already committed NOT to vote for John Boehner.
- Thomas Massie (R ) will not vote for John Boehner. His very articulate reasons why here http://massie.house.gov/new-speaker-step-right-direction
- Louie Gohmert (R), conservative, has stepped up to run for Speaker of the House himself and will not vote for John Boehner. Hear why here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq7ZHl-INEs&feature=youtu.be
- Ted Yoho (R ) will not vote for John Boehner and has stepped up as an alternative to Speaker Boehner. Read more here http://dailysignal.com/2015/01/03/florida-republican-steps-forward-alternative-boehner-speaker/?utm_source=heritageaction&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=010415HAFA01
- Jim Bridenstine (R ) will not vote for John Boehner. Read his reasons here http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/02/conservative-rep-i-will-not-vote-for-john-boehner/
- Paul Gosar (R ) will not vote for John Boehner, expressing, “America needs bold leadership from the House of Representatives that breaks from the status quo and embraces an open and transparent legislative process,” he writes. “Our country deserves getting back to regular order and holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions. This will require courage, not fear. It is time for leadership that will stand up for America and the Constitution.” Read more here http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/04/rep-paul-gosar-to-vote-against-boehner-as-speaker-on-tuesday/
Contact these US Representatives serving OH:
Congressman Brad Wenstrup
DC Office: 202-225-3164 Local Office: (513) 474-7777
Congressman Steve Chabot DC Office: 202-225-2216 Local Office: (513) 684-2723
Congressman Jim Jordan DC Office: (202) 225-2676 Local Office: (419) 999-6455
Twitter and FB information:
Rep. Steve Chabot, OH-1
Rep. Brad Wenstrup, OH -2
Rep. Bill Johnson, OH-6 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RepBillJohnson
Rep. Bob Gibbs, OH-7 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RepBobGibbs
Rep. Mike Turner, OH-10
Rep. Pat Tiberi, OH-12 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RepPatTiberi
Rep. Dave Joyce, OH-14
Rep. Steve Stivers, OH-15
Rep. Jim Renacci, OH-16
Find Phone numbers here: http://www.house.gov/representatives/
Thank you for your perseverance!!